When hard water comes in contact with heating elements or hot surfaces, it forms “scale” that builds up and shortens the life of water-using appliances like your water heater. Hard water also leaves deposits on your plumbing fixtures, tubs, sinks, dishes, silverware and glassware that are virtually impossible to clean. With hard water, soaps and detergents aren’t rinsed completely away, leaving a soap residue in your tub and shower (bathtub ring), on your laundry and even on you. Water softeners remove the hardness minerals and some forms of iron.
Most water softeners use a process called ion exchange to soften water. Quite simply, within a water softener tank, calcium and magnesium (hardness) in water are exchanged with sodium (soft water ions). When the system can no longer make this exchange, it regenerates (cleans itself) so that it can once again exchange the hardness ions for soft ones. You may have heard about “salt-less softeners” and magnetic or electric descalers that are marketed today; however, none of these devices have proven as effective in removing hardness minerals and tannins as a standard water softener that uses ion exchange technology.
Water softening methods mainly rely on the removal of Ca2+ and Mg2+ from a solution or the sequestration of these ions, i.e. binding them to a molecule that removes their ability to form scale or interfere with soaps. Removal is achieved by ion exchange and by precipitation methods.
Mineral tank and the brine tank are the main constituents of the water softening system. The water softening system consists of a mineral tank and a brine tank. The mineral tank and the water supply pipe is connected due to which water passes through the tank before it can be used. Mineral tank consist of negatively charged beads or resins that attracts positively charged calcium and magnesium.
The surface of the resin gets coated with the calcium and magnesium minerals. The resin is cleared by flushing a strong sodium (salt) solution held in the brine tank. The sodium ions are powerful and they easily overpower the calcium and magnesium ions and drives them off of the resins which is later drained out of the unit.
Water Softener Types:
Chemical Water Softeners: Chemical softeners are used in laundry. It basically removes magnesium and calcium and thus lengthen lifespan of clothes. However it should be kept in mind that the water so treated is not fit for drinking.
Packaged Water Softeners: Packaged water softeners are infact chemicals used for the softening purpose. There are two types of packaged water softeners- Precipitating and Non-precipitating.
Washing soda and borax are the examples of precipitating water softeners. These products upon reacting, forms insoluble precipitate with calcium and magnesium ions. This enhances the cleaning efficiency Whereas, in Non-precipitating water softeners, calcium and magnesium ions are segregated from the water through complex phosphates.
We design and manufacture very efficient water softeners that are effective in reducing the hardness of the water. They help in producing zero soft water by highly acidic cation exchanger, which removes calcium and magnesium ions from the water.
our water softener plant is portable, easy to move from one place to another. It also involves less effort in terms of installation and maintenance. As one of the leading drinking water softening plant manufacturers based in India, we make our products available to our customer’s at the most affordable price range.
Cleaning and Laundry:
- Reduces build-up of film on tubs, sinks, faucets and wall tiles.
- Keeps sinks and toilet bowls cleaner longer.
- Eliminates most spotting on glassware, dishes and flatware.
- Provides whiter and brighter laundry, while using up to 50% less detergent.
- Eliminates hard water residue in fabrics, which can help clothing last longer.
Cost Savings and Environmental Awareness
- Prevents scale build-up in pipes.
- Lowers energy consumption due to reduced scale build-up in hot water heaters, dishwashers and other water using appliances.
- Requires less detergents for household chores, saving you time, money and water.
- Results in a carbon neutral footprint. Watermax Systems is the only water treatment manufacturer whose products are certified as carbon neutral.
Health and Beauty:
- Provides improved water for cooking, washing fruits and vegetables and brewing coffees and teas.
- Diminishes hard water residue on your hair, making it softer and easier to manage.
- Alleviates skin dryness and itchiness, resulting in softer, more supple skin.
- Reduces the amount of soap and shampoo needed, which also reduces the amount of water needed to rinse soaps and shampoos from your skin and hair.